So, Gents, let’s examine the outcomes.
Please notice that I may write a complete guide on this expertise and I can solely present a small tip of what went behind.
What went dangerous
Man, there are nonetheless so many issues that went unsuitable however I’m simply attempting to focus on the large ones
– BAD TIMING: We had our peek of the Electronic mail advertising marketing campaign throughout the February Steam fest that means content material creators have been already having tons of content material to select from
– BAD LUCK: Greater than 30% of our Wishlist have been from folks in Russia and we misplaced all of them as a result of on the level of launch they may not get cash on their Steam wallets to purchase the sport however the ones who nonetheless had funds in wallets they may, nonetheless very arduous strike for us
– BAD UPDATE: after launch, my companion programmer Sadoff made updates every day primarily based on suggestions and bug studies we had and through one replace he made a mistake so the sport didn’t begin anymore, it was most stress on our aspect since unfavorable evaluations began coming hastily, we hardly handle to rebalance the state of affairs with quick replace repair and PR but it surely was one of the crucial worrying moments we had, we virtually went to unfavorable score at that time.
– BAD RESOLUTION: Many streamers didn’t contact our recreation as a result of we didn’t have zoom-in for big-screen decision, the agony of getting a customized recreation engine and the whole lot is so small on 4k resulted within the lack of many streamer alternatives.
What went good
– COMMUNITY: we applied a Discord button within the recreation’s principal menu and added achievements with rewards together with one that offers additional new recreation ammunition if gamers be part of our discord, I have no idea precisely if this was the rationale why they joined however many joined our Discord group and the exercise was tripled. Having a strong group will likely be a important component for our future releases. Lengthy-term advantages. (remind me to indicate you guys my DIscord LVL up the inner template for group administration)
– SOCIAL MEDIA: The social media marketing campaign began in 1st March and was energetic with day by day posts till March 28
A. Fb: right here I posted once more solely in particular target market teams and I bought a whole lot of help, by this time many admins have been already acquainted with me, and a few of them pinned my posts. I additionally made an occasion for my mates and get in touch with with the discharge date countdown and fixed posting in key locations(to a lot to clarify) outcomes have been good I additionally managed to get few of my posts viral once more.
B. Twitter & Gamejolt: they each have a someway comparable system so I used very comparable content material in my MK marketing campaign.
1. GAMEJOLT & ITCH.io:
On Gamejolt we had some posts featured in some communities + we bought featured on Gamejolt scorching new video games and had good outcomes however we additionally had fixed engagements. most translated into wishlist additions on Steam. We additionally launched a free Quick model of the sport a couple of days earlier than the primary Steam launch, this was a pleasant transfer, it didn’t generate many downloads & outcomes however nonetheless, a spark of magic was added.
Listed below are a couple of examples of posts from Gamejolt that bought Featured:
2. TWITTER. Lengthy story quick: we didn’t get many Wishlists from Twitter however we bought a whole lot of networking with content material creators and media and even Branding, this was additionally an excellent long-term funding. Be happy to scroll on our Twitter wall and see what kinds of posts we made and what engagements we had: https://twitter.com/16bitnights
– TEAM SYNCHRONIZATION: as a few of you recognize I solely work in groups 1+1, and TBH I believe it’s the finest quantity. So our sync was going excellent, my companion Sadoff was making updates every day after the discharge and he was accountable for bug studies matters, whereas I used to be accountable for PR on electronic mail(I additionally ought to make a distinct subject only for this alone), discord group, and extra Steam group. Additionally having an already fan base of testers helpt rather a lot in figuring out new bugs quick that was brought on by extra updates.
– RELEASE DAY: We wished Splattercat to make a launch video however we thought that he already made an unique Beta video on our recreation so we didn’t need to be insistent since he appears to love to all the time have recent content material.
However we bought Mr. Falcon to make a video assessment on our recreation and he synchronized completely on the precise launch day:
– ORGANIC MARKETING: this was most likely the most effective outcome ever for me. We invested rather a lot in having excessive re-playability with 30% RNG content material, a number of paths, a number of methods to play, and a number of endings and this paid off massive time, simply go on youtube and seek for “Chromosome Evil”, an enormous quantity of gamers that introduced the sport made movies to not point out I noticed it streamed on some Discord rooms.
– CONTACTS/NETWORKING: Having been doing video games for 10 years bought me some good connections and most of them have been very supportive. Right here is an instance from the Mud & Blood group, as a bonus we each share an analogous viewers of top-down tactical video games viewers. I’ve full respect for them, and I hope someday I can return the favor.
– EXCLUSIVITY: the exclusivity advertising method opened some additional doorways for us
And a lot extra issues that I’m simply too drained to speak about and possibly finest to maintain a couple of issues in thriller
OK let’s transfer on to the ultimate chapter of outcomes.
Steam Launch Outcomes
1. Earlier than the discharge, we bought featured in “Standard upcoming releases”. At this level we had I believe round 8k-9k Wishlists and rising ultra-fast
2. After the discharge we bought featured in New & Trending / Standard new releases
24 March (few hours earlier than the discharge )
Steam wishlist – 9800
Steam followers – 1455
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 57
Discord – 434
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 48
25 March (1 day after launch )
Steam wishlist – 12.700
Steam followers – 1986
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 65
Discord – 468
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 73
models offered on steam – 1093 (half have been from Wishlist)
31 March (closing launch low cost day/1 week after launch )
Steam wishlist – 20.700
Steam followers – 2728
Gamejolt followers – 276 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 96
Discord – 534
Twitter – 1462
Itch.io demo downloads – 124
models offered on steam – round 2550
Our priorities now are:
– Consolidation of our fan base on Discord
– Consolidation of evaluations & steam score
– Consolidation of our private contacts
All of those duties are aimed on the long-term.
And right here is one thing I need to share with you, possibly it looks like a cliche however for me it is deep:
That is EXACTLY HOW I FELT!
The gladiator: my companion programmer, he doesn’t discuss a lot however will get the s**t achieved.
The previous man: me
The colosseum: Steam
The Crowd: the Gamers
Releasing a recreation seems like a gladiator coming into the Enviornment. BEAUTIFUL S**T! I’ll admit I had some tears in my eyes on the discharge day.