So, Gents, let’s have a look at the outcomes.
Please notice that I might write a complete guide on this expertise and I can solely present a small tip of what went behind.
What went dangerous
Man, there are nonetheless so many issues that went improper however I’m simply making an attempt to spotlight the large ones
– BAD TIMING: We had our peek of the Electronic mail advertising marketing campaign in the course of the February Steam fest that means content material creators have been already having tons of content material to select from
– BAD LUCK: Greater than 30% of our Wishlist have been from folks in Russia and we misplaced all of them as a result of on the level of launch they may not get cash on their Steam wallets to purchase the sport however the ones who nonetheless had funds in wallets they may, nonetheless very exhausting strike for us
– BAD UPDATE: after launch, my companion programmer Sadoff made updates every day primarily based on suggestions and bug stories we had and through one replace he made a mistake so the sport didn’t begin anymore, it was most stress on our facet since unfavorable critiques began coming abruptly, we hardly handle to rebalance the state of affairs with quick replace repair and PR however it was one of the demanding moments we had, we virtually went to unfavorable score at that time.
– BAD RESOLUTION: Many streamers didn’t contact our recreation as a result of we didn’t have zoom-in for big-screen decision, the agony of getting a customized recreation engine and every part is so small on 4k resulted within the lack of many streamer alternatives.
What went good
– COMMUNITY: we carried out a Discord button within the recreation’s major menu and added achievements with rewards together with one that offers further new recreation ammunition if gamers be a part of our discord, I have no idea precisely if this was the explanation why they joined however many joined our Discord neighborhood and the exercise was tripled. Having a strong neighborhood will likely be a important aspect for our future releases. Lengthy-term advantages. (remind me to point out you guys my DIscord LVL up the inner template for neighborhood administration)
– SOCIAL MEDIA: The social media marketing campaign began in 1st March and was energetic with day by day posts till March 28
A. Fb: right here I posted once more solely in particular target market teams and I received quite a lot of help, by this time many admins have been already accustomed to me, and a few of them pinned my posts. I additionally made an occasion for my pals and call with the discharge date countdown and fixed posting in key locations(to a lot to elucidate) outcomes have been good I additionally managed to get few of my posts viral once more.
B. Twitter & Gamejolt: they each have a someway comparable system so I used very comparable content material in my MK marketing campaign.
1. GAMEJOLT & ITCH.io:
On Gamejolt we had some posts featured in some communities + we received featured on Gamejolt sizzling new video games and had good outcomes however we additionally had fixed engagements. most translated into wishlist additions on Steam. We additionally launched a free Brief model of the sport a number of days earlier than the principle Steam launch, this was a pleasant transfer, it didn’t generate many downloads & outcomes however nonetheless, a spark of magic was added.
Listed here are a number of examples of posts from Gamejolt that received Featured:
2. TWITTER. Lengthy story brief: we didn’t get many Wishlists from Twitter however we received quite a lot of networking with content material creators and media and even Branding, this was additionally an excellent long-term funding. Be at liberty to scroll on our Twitter wall and see what kinds of posts we made and what engagements we had: https://twitter.com/16bitnights
– TEAM SYNCHRONIZATION: as a few of you understand I solely work in groups 1+1, and TBH I feel it’s the finest quantity. So our sync was going excellent, my companion Sadoff was making updates every day after the discharge and he was answerable for bug stories subjects, whereas I used to be answerable for PR on e-mail(I additionally ought to make a special matter only for this alone), discord neighborhood, and extra Steam neighborhood. Additionally having an already fan base of testers helpt so much in figuring out new bugs quick that was brought on by further updates.
– RELEASE DAY: We wished Splattercat to make a launch video however we thought that he already made an unique Beta video on our recreation so we didn’t wish to be insistent since he appears to love to at all times have contemporary content material.
However we received Mr. Falcon to make a video assessment on our recreation and he synchronized completely on the precise launch day:
– ORGANIC MARKETING: this was in all probability one of the best end result ever for me. We invested so much in having excessive re-playability with 30% RNG content material, a number of paths, a number of methods to play, and a number of endings and this paid off huge time, simply go on youtube and seek for “Chromosome Evil”, an enormous quantity of gamers that introduced the sport made movies to not point out I noticed it streamed on some Discord rooms.
– CONTACTS/NETWORKING: Having been doing video games for 10 years received me some good connections and most of them have been very supportive. Right here is an instance from the Mud & Blood neighborhood, as a bonus we each share the same viewers of top-down tactical video games viewers. I’ve full respect for them, and I hope sooner or later I can return the favor.
– EXCLUSIVITY: the exclusivity advertising method opened some further doorways for us
And a lot extra issues that I’m simply too drained to speak about and possibly finest to maintain a number of issues in thriller
OK let’s transfer on to the ultimate chapter of outcomes.
Steam Launch Outcomes
1. Earlier than the discharge, we received featured in “Widespread upcoming releases”. At this level we had I feel round 8k-9k Wishlists and rising ultra-fast
2. After the discharge we received featured in New & Trending / Widespread new releases
24 March (few hours earlier than the discharge )
Steam wishlist – 9800
Steam followers – 1455
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 57
Discord – 434
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 48
25 March (1 day after launch )
Steam wishlist – 12.700
Steam followers – 1986
Gamejolt followers – 267 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 65
Discord – 468
Twitter – 1456
Itch.io demo downloads – 73
models bought on steam – 1093 (half have been from Wishlist)
31 March (closing launch low cost day/1 week after launch )
Steam wishlist – 20.700
Steam followers – 2728
Gamejolt followers – 276 / Gamejolt demo downloads: 96
Discord – 534
Twitter – 1462
Itch.io demo downloads – 124
models bought on steam – round 2550
Our priorities now are:
– Consolidation of our fan base on Discord
– Consolidation of critiques & steam score
– Consolidation of our private contacts
All of those duties are aimed on the long-term.
And right here is one thing I wish to share with you, possibly it looks as if a cliche however for me it is deep:
That is EXACTLY HOW I FELT!
The gladiator: my companion programmer, he doesn’t discuss a lot however will get the s**t executed.
The outdated man: me
The colosseum: Steam
The Crowd: the Gamers
Releasing a recreation appears like a gladiator coming into the Area. BEAUTIFUL S**T! I’ll admit I had some tears in my eyes on the discharge day.