Puzzling Stack Alternate is a query and reply web site for individuals who create, resolve, and examine puzzles. It solely takes a minute to enroll.
Anyone can ask a query
Anyone can reply
The very best solutions are voted up and rise to the highest
I got here again from my run the opposite day and located this word left on my kitchen desk. It was a terrifying expertise after I realized it was from the masked psychopath Michael Myers himself. I actually do not perceive what it says; hopefully you possibly can assist me earlier than my time is up!
afwpjhs ovyyvy tvcpl aptl + mlthsl ovyzl
aol mvn dhz kluzl, huk pa dhz khyr; hz aol upnoa whzzlk if, ivul iylhrpun ovdsz iyvrl aoyvbno aol ayllz; aopz zlaapun dhz? l3?
nylha ovyu, ihyu, zuvdf, ihyylk, ibyyvdpun, lsm
thkl myvt h tlahs myhtl dpao zlclyhs zpklz (bzbhssf mvby, iba bw av lpnoa), > jvttvusf dpao h ovvr vy ovvw vm tlahs vu avw
Tlayvthu pz ihjr myvt aol klhk!
Lkkpl Tbywof hz Qpt Lclyz
tpeabyl, iyld, lspepy, dpajolz
What’s Michael making an attempt to inform me?
In case you
Do rot 19 on the textual content you get
1. typical horror film time + feminine horse
2. one thing incarnate
3. the fog was dense, and it was darkish; because the night time handed by, bone breaking howls broke by the bushes; this setting was? e3?
4. thiawr (anagram of wraith(synonymy of ghost))
5. nice horn, barn, snowy, barred, burrowing, elf
6. constituted of a steel body with a number of sides (normally 4, however as much as eight), > generally with a hook or hoop of steel on high
8. Metroman is again from the useless!
9. Eddie Murphy as Jim Evers
10. PSE?73479(may very well be this)
11. motnahp(anagram of phantom)
12. combination, brew, elixir, witches
These items appear to be hinting at scary Halloween issues, so possibly every trace has to do with a film?
1. Evening + Mare
8. “Are you a ghost?” is a quote type Megamind the film
9. Haunted Masion
10. Y for you
14. Howl (as a result of T Dude used ascii!)
If the acrostic is corrected then
It spell “Joyful Halloween” backwards.
And an awesome thanks for some assist from T Dude!
Going off of QuantamTwinkie’s checklist, here is what I’ve solved up to now:
2. Dying? A zombie, possibly?
5. Owls (or Owl)
8. Megamind? (quote from MegaMind)
9. The Haunted Mansion (movie title with that char/actor)
10. Asimov (answer to the linked puzzle, reply may embrace Isaac)
14. HOWL (hex to ascii conversion)