First let me applaud the fashions. The map itself is clearly a placeholder, however the minions are smoooooooth. Kudos should you’ve made these your self.
(Kinda stunned that the sport additionally ran completely easily, despite the fact that my PC normally can’t take any form of top quality graphics)
It kinda explains why the sport has 600MB (unpacked) despite the fact that it is made in Godot (which has 30-70MB). However solely kinda – I nonetheless suspect that you’re exporting extra assets than you really use within the sport. I do know it is probably not a dealbreaker, however should you sport retains rising, you may attain sizes that folks won’t wish to obtain (as it might take ceaselessly).
I like shooters, so total I had enjoyable. The gameplay undoubtedly wants work although, together with the taking pictures itself.
Notes I’ve made on the playthrough:
– Switching between animations is fairly hectic. Godot has a super-easy resolution for this – set “Animation Mix” in your animation participant and all of the transitions between animations will turn into easy (interpolated). (you can even set customized blends by code)
– Usually when one thing seems for the primary time, the sport staggers because it masses. This may be a fault of the present model of Godot (shader difficulty), nonetheless it might be due to the way you deal with the assets: At all times remember to use “preload” as an alternative of “load” in Godot.
– The particles will not be “working” until I’m watching them. (Capturing and turning round “pauses” them, they proceed solely after I have a look at em once more) This may be related to how the particle visibility AABB is setup. Regardless of the difficulty behind it, I am sure that that is solvable with how the particles are arrange in Godot.
– When taking pictures, the goal goes up, as anticipated due to the recoil. Nevertheless, in all shooters, while you cease taking pictures, the “recoil impact” resets and the goal goes down. (With out it, the participant is pressured to continually transfer his mouse down, which is annoying in a short time)
– It appears the weapons shoot under the crosshair (not speaking about fall-off, however the place the photographs really spawn).
As for any particular mechanics – I didn’t discover any. I do know there was a “chain” written and there was a timer-bar in center of the display, however I didn’t discover any adjustments to my weapons. So far as I used to be conscious, there have been no particular mechanics nor pickups (not counting easy medpacks and ammo) besides that the sport applauded my chain-kills. I additionally didn’t determine if it is attainable to spend the money that I am getting.
I’ve additionally stuffed within the Google type, which made me admit that I didn’t really end the sport. After clearing the room the place you encounter inexperienced lizards for the primary time (after the turret boss – whose remnants regarded completely glorious once more, skilled fashions to my eye, severely), the door, sadly, didn’t open (occurred twice):
Good job total, I feel it is a good base for a shooter, it simply wants some polish… and clearly extra content material (like the extent visuals). Disgrace I didn’t discover out what the particular mechanics are.
Good luck with it!